Monday, February 1, 2010

Decisions, Decisions...

I am in some serious need of various everyday kitchen ware. Specifically flatware. What remains of my existing flatware (does anyone understand how forks just dissapear?) is sparse and in bad condition, considering I got only a cheap set for my wedding 8 years ago. Yes 8! don't judge.
So I've started the search, but my problem is that I don't want another cheap set, nor do I want to spend $200! Why do I feel like there is no middle ground here?

I just want something classic, simple, and long lasting. Crate and Barrel has some great options, and while I was in Chicago I checked them out and they are beautiful, but seriously! it's outrageous to charge that much for utensils! Anyone else have good luck on the subject?

4 comments:

J.Frey said...

Sorry, no suggestions on where to buy new silverware...but we could use some too. Ours always gets stuck in the disposal. Nothing like eating off a spoon that has chips on in.

Kristy said...

I always have luck at Macy's when they have a sale.

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

I have seen really nice stuff at tj maxx and ross for super cheap, you should check that out!

Anonymous said...

Trust me...the very best place is Costco. They have different patterns at different times. If you don't like what they have now, wait. The flatware is 18/10, good sturdy stuff and won't set you back. Usually $75 or so. You can check various patterns out online where prices include shipping usually. I LOVE MINE. Call me :)